1. ICMR Award
Received the prestigious ‘Dharamvir Datta Memorial Oration Award’
from the Indian Council of Medical Research for the year 2006
for research on “Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in India’
2. ISG-Alkem Om Prakash Memorial Award
For the year 2006 by the Indian Society of Gastroenterology - for
young gastroenterologist less than 40 years of age for contribution
in research and publications
3. ISG- SR Naik Memorial Award
For the year 2008 by the Indian society of Gastroenterology for
the best published work on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in the year 2007-08
4. ISG-Zydus Oration Award (2013)
For the year 2013 by the Indian Society of Gastroenterology for the research h in the area of Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
5. Asia- Pacific International Fellowship
For 28th Asia- Pacific International Molecular Biology Network & Asian
Molecular Biology Organization International course on ‘Innovative
Strategy for Post Genomic Research- Integrated Functional analyses
of Disease associated Sugar Chains and Proteins’ in May/June, 2005
at Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Japan
6. Singapore Indian Group Networking for Empowerment Training
Fellowship to attend the training of trainers workshop in ‘Evidence based Medicine’, organized by Singapore Health services at Singapore in June 2009
7. Visiting scholar
For training in liver transplantation from May 1st to July 31st 2006,
at the UNC center for Liver Diseases and Transplantation, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
1. ISG- APDW – Travel Fellowship
Indian Society of Gastroenterology travel fellowship to attend and present paper at the Asian Pacific Digestive week at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in September 2010
2. Korean society of Gastroenterology – Travel Award
Korean society of Gastroenterology – Travel Award for the paper ‘Serum leptin does not correlate with hepatic
fibrosis in patients with nonalcohoilic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)’ at the Seoul International Digestive
Disease Symposium (SIDDS) held at Seoul, Korea from Nov 22-22nd, 2007.
3. ISG- APDW – Travel Fellowship
Indian Society of Gastroenterology travel fellowship to attend and present paper at the 6th Asian Pacific Digestive week at Cebu City, Philippines in Nov 2006
BEST PAPER AWARDS
1. ACG - Presidential Poster Award
- Presidential poster award for the poster “Small intestinal Bacterial overgrowth and Toll like receptor signalling in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease” in
the annual conference of the American college of Gastroenterology (ACG) held at Honolulu, Hawaii, USA in October, 2015.
2. ISG – Plenary Award
- Co-author and Principal Guide in the paper ‘Monocyte HLA-DR expression, neutrophil oxidative burst capacity
and cytokine analysis in patients with decompensated cirrhosis with and without acute-on chronic liver
failure (ACLF)’ which received the First prize in the Annual Conference of the Indian Society of
Gastroenterology (ISG) held at New Delhi in December, 2016.
3. INASL – Plenary Award
- Co-author and Principal Guide in the paper ‘Histological severity in patients
with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease is related to the volume of subcutaneous adipose tissue’
which received the second prize in the 19th Annual Conference of the Indian National association
for the study of Liver (INASL) held at PGIMER, Chandigarh in March, 2011.
4. INASL – Plenary Award
- Co-author and Principal Guide in the paper ‘Increase atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease risk in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease’ which received the third prize in the
18th Annual Conference of the Indian National association for the study of Liver (INASL) held at Bhubaneswar, in March, 2010.
5. ISG- Best Poster Award
- Co-author in the best poster award for the poster, ‘Ultrastructure of mitochondria in patients with Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease’ at the annual conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) 2006.
6. ISG-Systopic oral - Best Paper Award
- For the paper, ‘Insulin resistance in patients with chronic hepatitis C’ in annual conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) 2005
7. Prize from Prize from Indian Journal of Gastroenterology for the third best original article
- For the paper ‘Assessment of insulin resistance and effect of metformin in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis- A preliminary report’ published in the journal in the year 2004. Duseja A, et al. Indian J Gastroenterol 2004; 23:12-15.